Embedded Software Developer
Do you want to be part of a development team that continuously works together on discovering new opportunities for delivering value to our customers and our business? And would you like to work in a company, where we strongly believe that working closely together across departments and teams helps us collaborate on designing and building better solutions for our customers, but also creates a better working environment?
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a developer with a curious mindset and strong social skills. Since we will be spending a lot of time working together, it might as well be fun doing so. Contributing to a pleasant and relaxing environment is key here at Bekey (no pun intended). We believe in working together as a team and helping each other the best we can.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Write and maintain firmware specifications and firmware, including tests and test procedures
- Actively participate in the creation of document requirements and design specifications
- Excellent communication skills to cooperate with Product Owners, Product Managers, and the rest of the development team during investigations related to support requests and discovering opportunities and defining features
- Ensure that all design and documentation is in accordance with company standards
- Write test procedures and run tests supported and reviewed by other team members
- Provide input and suggest improvements to company practices and tools
- Participate in build-up and maintenance of software structures and libraries
- Research, design and develop new firmware features for various Bekey products
- Familiarity with software testing methodologies such as unit testing and integration testing
Need to have role requirements:
- Skills in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related fields.
- Strong experience in embedded software development, particularly with the nRF51 microcontroller series or similar series of any kind
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C and C++
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
- Strong understanding of hardware and software interactions in embedded systems
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
- A deep understanding that we must always navigate between the immediate impact of a feature and the technical debt incurred by its implementation. You are able to carefully weigh the pros and cons and make a choice in favor of the company and the team
- A natural interest in the latest trends within (embedded) software development, wireless communication and hardware manufacturing
- You have very good oral and written communication skills in Danish and English
Nice to have role requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Experience with wireless protocols such as Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and Zigbee is a plus
- Experience with processes and tools like Scrum, JIRA and Confluence is also a plus
WHO ARE WE?
Bekey is a scale-up company based in Søborg, and part of the established North Media group along with our successful sister companies Ofir.dk, BoligPortal and FK Distribution – just to name a few.
We provide digital access for professionals within distribution, homecare, and other segments. Our goal is to make their work/everyday life easier and to deliver a pleasant and safe user and customer experience doing so.
At the heart of Bekey, we are building a new Product Department, with Developers and Product Owners managed by our CTO. We are working in planned 2-week sprints to secure an agile approach to product development. Furthermore, we work with a structured and sustainable approach to continuous product discovery, which gives us the confidence to explore opportunities that can potentially meet customer needs.
At Bekey we strongly support and encourage a healthy work/life balance. Getting work done is important, but so is taking care of your hobbies, your family, and your friends. Working at Bekey should be fun and inspiring, even when we are running late on a deliverable or faced with interesting challenges.
Here’s a list of the benefits and perks that you can expect at Bekey:
- Flexible work hours
- Working from home when needed
- Social events with your colleagues
- Opportunity to make a real difference for 50,000+ users in Denmark and Norway
- Competitive compensation package incl. pension and healthcare
- Working with a team that inspires you and works together to achieve industry-changing goals
- A transparent work environment based on trust
- Career and professional growth
HOW TO APPLY?
If you like what you’ve read and can picture yourself being a part of our Product Team, please let us know by uploading your resume, portfolio, and application today. Interviews are held on an ongoing basis, so do not hesitate to apply today. If you have any questions or want to hear more before applying, please feel free to contact Jacob Dinesen, CTO at Bekey on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone number +45 2014 4026.
Bekey A/S is a subsidiary of North Media A/S which is a listed media group in Nasdaq, Co. North Media A/S is behind Ofir A/S, BoligPortal A/S, FK Distribution A/S and other companies. Today, North Media A/S has a turnover of approximately DKK 1 bn. and more than 550 employees.